[syslinux] com32 module compatibility between 5.x versions

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 11:18:27 PDT 2013

On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 1:54 PM, Pete Batard <pete at akeo.ie> wrote:
> Also, if the best answer I get is that I'll just have to be creative with
> trying to compensate for the version lockdown, could I at least get an
> answer to my question of how one can determine the exact version of a .c32
> file?

In general, no.  There's a magic number but only indicates the major
version.  Specific COM32 files do utilize the build data but to my
knowledge, only 2.  Specific to ldlinuxc32, I also don't know if there
is a way.

It would be nice if this were embedded into the COM32 header format
(version number and the string).

--
-Gene