[syslinux] com32 module compatibility between 5.x versions

Pete Batard pete at akeo.ie
Fri Aug 9 18:16:17 PDT 2013

On 2013.08.10 01:55, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
>> I assume it's not possible to store a copy of the LDLINUX.SYS binary at
>> the end or inside of either ISOLINUX.BIN
>
> Not really.  ldlinux.sys isn't just an ordinary file, it really needs to
> be installed with the Syslinux installer.

My application already its own version of the Syslinux installer [1],
and simply requires the relevant ldlinux.sys file to be provided.

At the moment, I embed ldlinux.sys from Syslinux 4.06 and 5.10 [2]. If
ldlinux.sys was present in any shape of form on future 5.x based
ISOLINUX images (such as appended at the end of isolinux.bin), I could
simply pick up that file, and install it as if it had been embedded in
the app.

Regards,

/Pete

[1] https://github.com/pbatard/rufus/blob/master/src/syslinux.c