[syslinux] Booting second label

Bjørn Damstedt Rasmussen bjra at terma.com
Tue Aug 13 00:21:35 PDT 2013

Hi

I'm using syslinux 5.01 and is installing our bootloader using "extlinux --install /boot". In the extlinux.conf I've specified that the kontron_wdt.c32 program should boot another label once it has been executed but it never calls the second label.

Here's my extlinux.conf:

default wdt
timeout 5
prompt 1

label linuxfoo
kernel /vmlinuz
append root=/dev/sda2 #.... more options

label wdt
com32 kontron_wdt.c32
append timeout=120 default_label= linuxfoo

When I try to debug the kontron_wdt.c32 I can see that syslinux_run_command(..) returns -1. What could cause this?

I've tried the ifcpu.c32 application as well (which is a bit similar to kontron_wdt.c32) and it also cannot call syslinux_run_command().

I can see that syslinux_run_command() call create_args_and_load() but if I put any printf's there they're not printed to screen, so it's pretty hard to debug what's causing the error.

If someone knows a way to call two labels that would also work as a workaround for the problem I'm trying to solve.

-- Bjoern