[syslinux] UEFI PXE boot & Microsoft DHCP

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Sat Aug 17 02:55:17 PDT 2013

Op 2013-08-16 om 06:39 schreef Alexandre Blanchette:
> I'm currently using Microsoft DHCP to enable PXE booting. I've set options
> 66 and 67 for the relevant scopes and it's all fine and dandy.
>
> However, UEFI machines won't initiate PXE boot, they don't seem to
> recognize the options. Is there another setting that need to be set?
>
> And how to I filter UEFI clients so I set option 67 to the right value
> (lpxelinux.efi)?

I didn't understand the problem yesterday and today neither.
Because there was no (archivable) response yet, now I drop the name
'pxechain.c32'. It is com32 module that bridges the gap (it links)
between simple DHCP server response and more complex DHCP client requests.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
Leven en laten leven