[syslinux] UEFI PXE boot & Microsoft DHCP

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 04:49:20 PDT 2013

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 6:39 AM, Alexandre Blanchette
<blanalex at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm currently using Microsoft DHCP to enable PXE booting. I've set options
> 66 and 67 for the relevant scopes and it's all fine and dandy.
>
> However, UEFI machines won't initiate PXE boot, they don't seem to
> recognize the options. Is there another setting that need to be set?
>
> And how to I filter UEFI clients so I set option 67 to the right value
> (lpxelinux.efi)?

First and foremost: version numbers and build sources (ie precompiled
binaries from the official archive file)?  EFI32 or EFI64?

How are you setting the value for the clients?  Tried a packet capture
on your DHCP server and TFTP server?  What kind(s) of message(s) do
you see?  Tried to go simple and load syslinux.efi and use the TFTP
capabilities of your uEFI environment?

Did you happen to hand-build lpxelinux.efi?

--
-Gene