[syslinux] virtio console support feasible?

Ferenc Wagner wferi at niif.hu
Thu Aug 22 10:12:32 PDT 2013

Hi,

I boot lots of headless virtual machines through Syslinux, and it
bothers me that serial emulation must be turned on for the sake of
bootloader interaction only.  Would it be feasible to add virtio console
support to Syslinux besides VGA and serial console?  Some PCI utility
functions are certainly there, but is the current architecture up to
early PCI I/O?  Or is this something that the BIOS should emulate, just
like it makes virtio disks accessible via standard interrupts?
--
Thanks,
Feri.