[syslinux] PXELINUX [BIOS] 6.02 - Upgrade to 6.02 from 4.07 introduces local boot regression

Cory Fair cory.fair at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 08:47:09 PST 2013

>> As Gene mentioned, I would suggest not recompiling, but using the official
binary files already included in the official packages.

Tried this and the issue persists.

>> The Syslinux packages from Arch Linux already contain binary files too
(so, no recompiling)

Installed these, and the problem is solved! I tried both a simplified
default config as well as my original. Seems to have no trouble local
booting.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I actually have a second issue I want
to send separately but I need to see if the 6.02-8 (archlinux) build solves
it first. You'll possibly be hearing from me again soon.

-Cory