[syslinux] Initial support for sector size >512

Frediano Ziglio frediano.ziglio at citrix.com
Mon Dec 16 05:18:17 PST 2013

On Thu, 2013-12-12 at 20:29 -0800, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> On 10/03/2012 07:26 AM, Frediano Ziglio wrote:
> > This set of patches add some support for sector size >512.
> > Currently it fixes extlinux, MBR for GPT and ext partitions.
> > Other code is unaffected.
> >
> > This set of patches has been tested on a read Dell machine running a beta
> > firmware.
> >
> > Last patch is a workaround for a buggy BIOS but other systems are not
> > affected.
> >

> What is the baseline for this patchset?
>
> 	-hpa

Surely should apply to 4.xx where they was developed but I think I send
them for 5.xx. mbr part of patches was merged time ago.
Unfortunately I had no time to update other patches. If I remember there
was a problem on the way ADV was implemented (using the same sector).

Unfortunately my company business required to work on other things. We
actually have these patches in our product but would be very great to
upstream them.

Do you need some help testing? I should have some patches (like seabios)
somewhere.

Frediano