[syslinux] Recompiling syslinux

g.esp at free.fr g.esp at free.fr
Mon Feb 4 03:50:41 PST 2013

----- Mail original -----

Ubuntu gcc is modified to use some hardening code options by default.
When I recompile syslinux with my gcc-4.4.5 that is too a modified gcc and nasm-2.10,
I use in my makefile
CFLAGS += -fno-PIE -nopie -norelro -nonow -nocombreloc
LDFLAGS := -nopie

make -s --no-print-directory spotless
make V=1
make installer
make install

I am unsure ubuntu gcc has the same modified options, so you may adjust CFLAGS settings.

Gilles