[syslinux] Version 5.01 not passing kernel command line args to memtest86+as it can understand

Leandro Becker Lbecker at positivo.com.br
Mon Feb 4 07:48:41 PST 2013

Hello,

After a diff of Syslinux 5.01 and 4.06, I cannot see changes in files
that do this job. I'd compiled the memtest86+ and starting to think that
maybe the header's binary file of memtest may be saying that it supports
the "new" command line parsing method.

I'll investigate further and reply with my findings...

Thank you for a while.

Leandro

<BLU0-SMTP39220DB2A665E5A47BDD178B010 at phx.gbl>, Ady
<ady-sf at hotmail.com> gravou:

<CAF18BxtYRE3NNnC3jgJ4M6PSY5_a36cUD8AXEqCuORXf=OC_cA at mail.gmail.com>,
> Gert Hulselmans <hulselmansgert at gmail.com> gravou:
>
> Hi,
>
> First try to use the correct Syslinux syntax and see if that fixes
the
> problem:
>
> label Memtest
> linux /boot/memtest.bin
> append console=ttyS1,115200
>
> - Gert
>
> 2013/2/4 Leandro Becker <Lbecker at positivo.com.br>:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm trying to pass the serial port options to memtest86+ using
> > Syslinux 5.01 but is not working. Debugging the memtest86+,
> > the check at main.cpp function static void
parse_command_line(void)

> > if (*OLD_CL_MAGIC_ADDR != OLD_CL_MAGIC)
> >         return;
> >
> > Is being evaluated to true. What should I do? There is a way to
> > instruct memtest to use the "old way" to pass parameters to
memtest
> or
> > shoud I try to patch memtest?
> >
> > This is my menu label:
> >
> > label Memtest
> > linux /boot/memtest.bin console=ttyS1,115200

Was (is) this same cfg file working correctly in the same hardware
when booting it with any variant of Syslinux 4.06 (or with any
version of Syslinux or of memtest86+)?

Unsubscribe or set options at: