[syslinux] Syslinux-5.01 cmd.c32 broken: __com32 undefined

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 20:47:38 PST 2013

Rather than acting like a typical C program using argc/argv, cmd.c32
uses __com32.cs_cmdline to retrieve what's passed to it.  meminfo.c32
uses __intcall() which in the library calls __com32.cs_intcall().  Is
__com32 only exposed for library functions or is there something else
missing in here?  Should accessing __com32.cs_cmdline be abstracted
via a function call for protection?  Should cmd.c32 use argc/argv
instead?

If we were to abstract/protect via a function call, I'd expect the
call to use strncpy/memcpy and be like:

char *get_cmdline(char *dest, size_t n)

or if only for abstraction

char *get_cmdline(void)