[syslinux] question

Prof S W Damle swdamle at bsnl.in
Wed Feb 6 17:46:05 PST 2013

>Thursday, January17, 2013  1:10 AM  Ady wrote,

>4_ Now, there is one thing in that syslinux.cfg file I sent you that
I can't correct for this specific Syslinux 5.00: using multiple lines
as "TEXT HELP". This is a known bug in Syslinux 5.00, so I had to put
all the text in between each pair of TEXT HELP - ENDTEXT directives
in one line. With this specific version of Syslinux, this text is not
going to be displayed on the screen the way you want it. If you try
to use more than one line of text, with this specific version of
Syslinux the boot menu will hang.

The good news is that the next
version, 5.01, should hopefully correct this bug, so you should be
able to use multiple lines again in between each pair of TEXT HELP -
ENDTEXT directives.

6_ Regarding SYSLINUX.COM version 5.00 for Win9x/DOS, I would
recommend NOT using it for now, specially when you have the option of
using SYSLINUX.EXE under WinXP.

Now Syslinux-5.01 is out.

Your Expert's Advice on _4 and _6 as above.

With Regards

Prof S W Damle