[syslinux] 5.01 problems with gpxelinux.0 (file paths related TFTP and HTTP)

Matt Fleming matt at console-pimps.org
Thu Feb 7 11:01:57 PST 2013

On Thu, 2013-02-07 at 12:21 +0000, Matt Fleming wrote:
> Looks like the 209 DHCP option isn't working properly - the path used to
> lookup archiso.cfg is garbled.
>
> Thanks for the report, I'll look into it.

OK, I see what's going on here. This stems from the PATH directive
changes that I've been making recently.

PXELINUX changes directory to the Prefix Path (option 210) before
executing ldlinux.c32. If we don't find ldlinux.c32 in that path we'll
search a list of predefined directories for it, and when we find it we
chdir() to the directory we find it in. When we come to load the config
file we've moved out of the prefix path and so fail to load your
archiso.cfg.

I've committed a fix for this and done a new release,
syslinux-5.02-pre1. Can you test it out and see if your issue is
resolved?

--
Matt Fleming, Intel Open Source Technology Center