[syslinux] [syslinux.exe] Failures to use\install on xp+ntfs

Gert Hulselmans hulselmansgert at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 02:59:22 PST 2013

2013/2/12 Matt Fleming <matt at console-pimps.org>:
> On Tue, 2013-02-12 at 22:26 +0200, Ady wrote:
>> > In that case, I'm not sure why the syslinux installer failed. I'll look
>> > into it.
>> >

>> Hi Matt,
>>
>> The problem for his previous failure was _already_ answered. The
>> argument in the installation command:
>>  --directory c:\some_dir\
>> is incorrect (it should not include "c:" for that argument; that's
>> the use of the "--install" argument).
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Matt Fleming, Intel Open Source Technology Center

Would it not more convenient for the Windows (and DOS) installer that
you can install
Syslinux like this (no --directory switch needed anymore):

syslinux.exe  --install c:\some_dir\

as Windows needs to have the filesystem mounted anyway.

This makes the syntax more similar to the extlinux installer, which
also operates on
a mounted filesystem.

The --directory option only makes sense for the mtools version of the installer.

- Gert