[syslinux] "go to the next higher menu" equivalent?

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 27 17:11:19 PST 2013

> >> Calling menu.c32 is a GOTO, no history is retained.
> >>
> >> It is also very inefficient, use proper submenus instead...
> >>
> >> 	-hpa
> >
> > Thank you for your answer.
> >
> > Could you please clarify in which sense it is very inefficient?
> >

> It reloads the menu module from disk/network every time.
>
> 	-hpa

Right. OTOH, using submenus (instead of loading menu.c32 again and
again) requires more directives to get the same (or as similar as
possible) effect on the menu finally shown, so that's "inefficient"
too.

Well, since there is no equivalent to the generic "MENU EXIT", I'll
have to consider what's better in my case: pointing to the specific
cfg (no generic term is possible except for the 'main' cfg), or using
more directives with submenus.

Thank you for your answer,
Ady.