[syslinux] [PXELinux 5.01] BUG: "unable to locate configuration file" if directory tftpboot/syslinux exists

Stefan Kanthak stefan.kanthak at nexgo.de
Thu Feb 28 11:06:55 PST 2013

Hi,

I'm using PXELinux (on Windows NT5.x, with Windows NT5.x tftpd and the
PXE server included in the "Windows XP Embedded Remote Boot Server").
This works well here since more than 10 years now.

Recently I created a subdirectory "syslinux" in my "tftpboot" ... and
PXELINUX failed with the message "unable to locate configuration file".
Renaming that directory works around the bug.

regards
Stefan Kanthak