[syslinux] A Couple Questions About a New Project

Bernd Blaauw bblaauw at home.nl
Wed Jan 2 11:57:08 PST 2013

Op 2-1-2013 20:33, Mr Roboto schreef:

> That's how GRUB does it, relative to a working syslinux.cfg.  After
> further consideration, I "believe" the solution to my two partition
> problem is chainloading.  So we'll put the *original* KERNEL+APPEND
> stmts into their own syslinux.cfg and from my Linux system do the
> following:

The traditional way was for having kernel + initrd on the partition that
contains Syslinux, and then the script and kernel filesystem modules
would make sure to find the rest of the data on that different 2nd
filesystem.

As Syslinux only understands a single partition at a time, and only a
single filesystem at a time, perhaps only Chain.c32 module would help
you out to boot a 2nd partition and whatever operating system present on it.

Bernd