[syslinux] Syslinux 5.00 - Doesn't boot my system / Not passing the kernel options to the kernel?

Igor Sverkos igor.sverkos at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 4 04:53:29 PST 2013

Hi,

Shao Miller wrote:
> I see a difference between the two videos.  In the broken one:
>
>   cpuidle: using governor ladder
>
> In the working one:
>
>   cpuidle: using governor menu
>
> It doesn't seem to be getting past this difference.  If it was a problem
> with the command-line not being passed, I would expect the broken case
> to give a useful message about it with a kernel panic.

To make sure, I wanted to recompile the kernel without CPU frequency
scaling support. Not as easy as I thought ;)

Is there a kernel option I can use for?

I disabled

  Power management and ACPI Options  --->
    CPU Frequency scaling  --->
      [ ] CPU Frequency scaling

which isn't enough:

<https://www.dropbox.com/s/23bwvedcbmgyb4c/syslinux5-cpufreq-disabled1.jpg>

Disabling

  Power management and ACPI Options  --->
    ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) Support  --->
      [ ] Processor

finally allowed me to disable cpuidle. But I still don't see a useful
message:

<https://www.dropbox.com/s/n5pgu0c18rju2nd/syslinux5-cpufreq-disabled2a.jpg>

And BTW, the last output before the kernel panic varies:

<https://www.dropbox.com/s/y0xqqpqqj6v8x56/syslinux5-cpufreq-disabled2b.jpg>

<https://www.dropbox.com/s/8afl6oscuuh64bz/syslinux5-cpufreq-disabled2c.jpg>

...but no useful message at all :(

Igor