[syslinux] chain.c32 bug

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 7 09:46:08 PST 2013

> i`ve found a bug in chain.c32 in v4.06. When i use isolinux it does not run
> windows7 installation, chainloading bootmgr.
> the error is: Can't find myself on the drive I booted from.
> chain.c32 from syslinux 3.xx works like a charm!
>
> chain.c32 from syslinux 5 shous tat this is not a com32 app

Q1: When you tried those different versions of chain.c32, have you
also used the corresponding version of ISOLINUX? Or you only changed
chain.c32 versions?

Q2: When testing chain.c32 from Syslinux 5.00 and booting with
isolinux.bin from the same version, have you also used (at least)
ldlinux.c32, libutil_com.c32 and libcom32.c32 (or ldlinux.c32 + all
lib*.c32 files)?

Regards,
Ady.