[syslinux] SysLinux 5.0 - Problems booting via PXE

Herwig Burgert herwig.burgert at hhjb.it
Thu Jan 10 05:03:31 PST 2013

In my pxelinux.cfg/ there are files which are named with the corresponding
machine guid and one which is named default but
the boot process now does not search for guid and the like as it did before
neither searches for the default file.

As stated before I use atftpd and all has worked fine since years. The only
thing I did is to replace the syslinux files from v4.06
to v5.0. The config entries for dhcpd are nearly identical to that described by
syslinux wiki but these haven't been modified since
years also.

Yes, it displays the menu entries from syslinux.cfg (default) but as it does not
load the 'default' file this has to be done manually.

Herwig