[syslinux] SysLinux 5.0 - Problems booting via PXE

Schlomo Schapiro schlomo at schapiro.org
Mon Jan 14 03:11:53 PST 2013

Hi,

On 14 January 2013 10:00, Matt Fleming <matt at console-pimps.org> wrote:

> > > What was the PATH string that you used in your config file? What error
>
 > > message did you get when it didn't work?
> > >

> > PATH /bin
> >
> > $tftp_prefix/bin contains all the syslinux stuff. I had to symlink the
> > lib*c32 files to $tftp_prefix (which is HTTP based).
>
> Hmm.. the symlink shouldn't have been necessary. I'll try and debug
> this.

The reason for the symlink is that I want to be able to easily switch
between pxelinux versions (and their dependant c32 progs).

What other method yould you suggest for this purpose? Should I use
bin/pxelinux.0 as the bootfile and it will automatically try to load the
modules from bin/ as well? But I would need $tftp_prefix to be the "root"
from which stuff like "config menu/server.txt" works...

> When should I plan some time to test 5.01?
>
> 5.01 should be released by the beginning of next week.

Great! Will do so. If you give me advice about efficient switching between
pxelinux versions that would also help.

Regards,
Schlomo