[syslinux] 5.01 pre3 CONFIG directive

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 16 12:30:44 PST 2013

> > C_ While initially thought to be a problem with the INCLUDE
> > directive, now it seems the problem is the second parameter of the
> > CONFIG directive. The second parameter of the CONFIG directive (which
> > sets a new CWD) doesn't seem to work correctly (tested with pwd.c32),
> > specially when the new cfg file (the first parameter of the CONFIG
> > directive) is not located in the soon-to-be new CWD. One potential
> > example could be the ML email thread that _ends_ at
> > http://www.syslinux.org/archives/2012-December/019062.html.
>
> This should be fixed in git but please ensure that -pre3 works for your
> testcases.

Hi Matt,

Unfortunately, it fails with 5.01-pre3.

I have uploaded a small ISO image with 5.01pre3 which fails.

Initially, it failed when I used the CONFIG directive:
"Failed to load libutil_com.c32"
"Failed to load COM32 file ../boot/syslinux/menu.c32"

I then added the PATH directive (although I don't understand why it
should be added in this case), so the first CONFIG seems to work (at
least one time).

In each cfg file in the ISO I have added comments for guidance, where
I try to clarify (and I also ask there, what is that is not being
clear to me).

What I have not added in the comments in the image is how to make it
fail (tested in VBox):
1_ Boot.
2_ Select LABEL "mainmenu".
3_ Select LABEL "pwd1". See the result.
4_ In the "boot:" prompt, press [ENTER].
5_ Select LABEL "pwd1" again.
Now it hangs.

I hope it helps to find out what's wrong (or to find out what is that
I am not understanding as I should).

I also have the equivalent ISO image with ISOLINUX 4.06. It doesn't
need the lib*.c32 files nor the PATH directive, and it does not hang.

NAME: 50103config.iso.gz
SIZE: less than 232 KB
Download from:
www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=gd9cd4ccbd711d9889991988505ef6bc616f665c
fb

The file will be available for the next 7 days.

TIA,
Ady.