[syslinux] question

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 16 20:59:37 PST 2013

> 17 Jan 2013 :
>
> 1_  Changed the second line to PROMPT 0
>
> 3_changed line again to "DEFAULT vesamenu.c32
>
> Boots Fine.  Actual boot entries also work.

That's good news :).

Do you see any difference between vesamenu.c32 and menu.c32 when
booting your "O:" drive? In your syslinux.cfg file, there are no
directives that would make it behave differently on the screen. Since
menu.c32 requires less resources than vesamenu.c32, then using
menu.c32 instead of vesamenu.c32 makes sense to me. That is, unless
you have chained to other Syslinux configuration files that would
indeed require vesamenu.c32. So, just for curiosity, is there any
difference?

> I have NO WORDS to thank you!!!

You're welcome. Hopefully it will help you for your next Syslinux
update too.

Best Regards,
Ady.