[syslinux] The DOS installer problem

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Thu Jan 17 10:29:49 PST 2013

I am now convinced the problem is really trivial to solve.  The problem
is that ldlinux.c32 is too big, but we already know that stripping the
modules gets them down to a reasonable size:

430318 ldlinux.c32
114376 ldlinux.c32

It would also be nice to support LZO or gzip compressed modules:

  66798 ldlinux.c32.lzo
  61513 ldlinux.c32.gzip

... which would really take care of the problem.

But as a first cut, just stripping the modules will help a huge lot.