[syslinux] Is it possible with syslinux efi support (6.0) chainload the memdisk and load a DOS Floppy image?

Leandro Becker Lbecker at positivo.com.br
Thu Jan 17 11:40:33 PST 2013

Hello,

I'm investigating ways to boot a DOS floppy image stored on the FAT32
EFI System Partition using Syslinux and Memdisk. The system will be
running Win8 using UEFI mode (GPT disks) and secure boot off. Change the
Windows efi boot loader is the easy part...

With the current syslinux's alpha version (6.0), is it possible to boot
the syslinux's efi module from the FAT32 EFI System Partition and
chainload memdisk to load a DOS floppy image? All files will be stored
at EFI System Partition.

If this have a chance to work, I will grab the source and try to build
it because I cannot find pre-compiled versions of the 6 alpha version.

Thank you in advance,

Leandro