[syslinux] Reports from 5.00

Bernd Blaauw bblaauw at home.nl
Tue Jan 29 11:06:30 PST 2013

Op 29-1-2013 13:38, Matt Fleming schreef:

>> Was there an 8.3-version of the (vesa)menu.c32 libraries already?
>
> FYI, the library files in 5.01 use the 8.3 filename format and the DOS
> installer should be fixed because all the .c32 modules are now stripped.

Thanks, I'll have a look. Next step in reducing module filesize would be
compression I guess. Maybe LZ4 instead of LZO/gzip/bzip/lzma/whatever
due to claims of fast decompression? HPA mentioned LZO possibly slowing
stuff down.

(as referenced/proposed for Linux kernel itself at
http://lkml.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1301.3/01862.html )

Bernd