[syslinux] Boot Linux ram disk image from DOS prompt

Alexander Foken alexander at foken.de
Wed Jan 30 06:33:48 PST 2013

On 01/30/2013 12:04 PM, Leandro Becker wrote:
> Hello,
>
> There is a way to boot a ram disk Linux from DOS prompt like the old
> tool loadlin.exe? I tried it, but getting errors.

Check the loadlin version. Loadlin 16f, released 2012-09-17, is the
current one, it should be able to boot recent kernels. 16e, released
2010-08-25, may damage the initial ramdisk when loading Linux. 16d,
released 2009-02-08, contains code to boot Linux >= 2.6.23, but it
probably does not boot recent linux kernels.

Alexander

--
Alexander Foken
mailto:alexander at foken.de  http://www.foken.de/alexander/