[syslinux] Boot Linux ram disk image from DOS prompt

Alexander Foken alexander at foken.de
Wed Jan 30 06:13:37 PST 2013

Hello,

On 01/30/2013 12:04 PM, Leandro Becker wrote:
> Hello,
>
> There is a way to boot a ram disk Linux from DOS prompt like the old
> tool loadlin.exe? I tried it, but getting errors.

Do you consider the error messages confidential?

> This is needed, because inside DOS, I must decide (without user
> intervention, like traditional boot menu) if Linux must be loaded or if
> a DOS computer test tool must be run first.
You could try to get rid of DOS, at least for booting, if you can put
the decision in a COMBOOT program. Have a look at ifcpu.c32. Use your
own ifthemagictestisneeded.c32 to switch between booting the "test tool"
and booting linux.

Alexander

> Thank you!

Alexander Foken