[syslinux] Boot Linux ram disk image from DOS prompt

Bernd Blaauw bblaauw at home.nl
Wed Jan 30 10:33:00 PST 2013

Op 30-1-2013 19:17, Leandro Becker schreef:

> Do you think is possible when booting a DOS image with ramdisk make
> some configuration in syslinux to allow the fresh booted DOS see and
> also "mount" my USB media device like an drive B: or something? Thus I
> can manipulate the syslinux.cfg in the DOS to decide what to boot next.

Something like the following, using an incomplete template and adding
your own specific entries?

@echo off
COPY /Y SYSLINUX.ORG SYSLINUX.CFG
echo specific_command_here >> SYSLINUX.CFG
rem additional lines here also)

The easier way might be to look into that 'ADV' area that Syslinux
binaries have. That area is able to hold the entry (a syslinux.cfg
label) for what to boot next time. Acts as a one-time only setting if I
remember correctly.

Bernd