[syslinux] Dell OptiPlex GX620 can longer boot from CD with syslinux-5.X

Patrick Verner distrozilla at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 08:22:03 PDT 2013

We have tried compiling the binaries our self and using the pre-compiled in
the syslinux tar ball as well. It just locks up with the text we provided.
The problem is booting from CD, booting from USB works. I suspect the
problem is in isolinux.bin. The CD only fails on this one machine. It works
on everything else we tried. 4.06 worked without any issue on this same
machine. Parted Magic has been around for 8 years now and we are
quite familiar with syslinux and booting live media. This is an obvious
regression and we are willing to do as much testing as required. If you
need anything, let us know.

Patrick