[syslinux] Problems with gfxboot.c32

Matt Fleming matt at console-pimps.org
Thu Jul 4 04:52:20 PDT 2013

On Thu, 04 Jul, at 08:45:33AM, Andreas Heinlein wrote:
> Looks like you're right. I added '*.tr *.hlp *.pcx back.jpg
> gfxboot.cfg langlist' to the 'bootlogo' archive, and now I get the
> menu, and everything seems to work!
>
> If that's really the only problem, I wouldn't consider this a bug.
> IIRC, the 'unpacked' form of gfxboot archives is a special case of
> SYSLINUX anyway, grub expects/needs the files in their packed form.
> Then this change just needs to be documented somewhere

If it's true that the unpacked archive was always a Syslinux only
feature than I'm happy to mark that feature as deprecated, especially
given that there's such a simple upgrade path (move everything into the
archive).

If anyone is absolutely relying on the old behaviour and has a concrete
reason we need to continue to support it, shout out.

--
Matt Fleming, Intel Open Source Technology Center