[syslinux] Syslinux-6.02-pre2 - booting 32-bit kernels from efi64

Matt Fleming matt at console-pimps.org
Mon Jul 8 09:32:26 PDT 2013

I just released 6.02-pre2 which includes support for booting 32-bit
kernels from efi64. I know a number of people wanted this feature, so
hopefully it will be tested in various environments.

One thing to note is that it is not possible to boot a 32-bit kernel
from efi64 via the EFI handover protocol (or from firmware via the EFI
boot stub), but the kernel loader in Syslinux is smart enough to
fallback to the legacy scheme and just not use any of the EFI boot stub
code when mixing firmware/kernels.

--
Matt Fleming, Intel Open Source Technology Center