[syslinux] [5.xx-6.01] broken PXE with HTTP

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Jul 10 15:46:14 PDT 2013

On 07/10/2013 11:25 AM, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> On 07/09/2013 06:41 AM, Gene Cumm wrote:
>>
>> The only specifics I recall seeing in packet captures is that even
>> though lwIP is using UNDI to open a TCP socket on a port, iPXE steps
>> in and says that port is closed.
>>

> Right, and that is death right there.  I need to talk to Michael and see
> if this can be worked around.

Hello,

What I did not understand here is: what to do with iPXE? This looks like
a regression in pxelinux code since commit b208ba46 (pxe: Pass absolute
path to pxe_chdir()) [it causes an infinite-loop] that was partially
reverted with commit 00a6f131 [bug still present, but at least no more
infinite-loop]. Such commits was made to fix some issues that I reported
some time ago.

The same setup works perfectly with pxelinux from syslinux-4.06.

I now tested with the older gPXE-1.0.1, and does the same behaviour.

Have a nice day!