[syslinux] make efi64 install in syslinux-6.02-pre3 fail

Michael Szerencsits szerencsits.michael at gmx.at
Fri Jul 12 05:40:00 PDT 2013

> Sorry about that. I've fixed the Makefiles in 6.02-pre4.
>
> > Would this also create memdisk for efi64 boot?
>
> No, memdisk is inherently tied to bios and isn't build for efi32/efi64.
>
> --
> Matt Fleming, Intel Open Source Technology Center

Hi Matt,

thanks for your response.

Would there be memdisk or a similar program/methode to emulate a cdrom and boot from a iso file available for efi boot in the future.
I need this, because the *stupid* installer check from which medium the system was booted and if it's not cd than it fail.

Thanks and regards
Michael