[syslinux] syslinux6 EFI fail to boot via pxe

Matt Fleming matt at console-pimps.org
Fri Jul 12 06:01:57 PDT 2013

On Thu, 04 Jul, at 08:17:19AM, Michael Szerencsits wrote:

> > Could you try out 6.01-pre6 and see if your machine actually gets to
> > the point of config file failure (I still need to debug that)?
>

> Yes, 6.01-pre6 works. syslinux.efi and ldlinux.e64 was loaded
> successfully, but when trying to load the config file it stuck.  See
> wireshark trace

Thanks Michael, sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

The timeout mechanism should have kicked in, I wonder why that's not
happening. Oh, I see. We don't timeout when receiving packets at all for
EFI, which means we're totally susceptible to the slightest bit of
packet loss.

I constructed a testcase to simulate 50% packet loss and the changes in
6.02-pre5 mean we actually make forward progress now.

Could you try 6.02-pre5?

--
Matt Fleming, Intel Open Source Technology Center