[syslinux] pxechn.c32 does not do TFTP

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 06:18:00 PDT 2013

On Jul 13, 2013 9:00 AM, "Victor Sudakov" <vas at mpeks.tomsk.su> wrote:

> > > Which means the correct syntax for the pxechn.c32 command line
> > > should be like what?
> > >
> > > The example in doc/pxechn.txt is probably incorrect then?
> >
> > It's a bug.  Either pxe_dns() should have returned the IP or I should
> > be checking that it's an IP first.
>
> Do you mean to say, it should work if I replace the TFTP server's IP
> address with its DNS name?

At this time, yes.  However, I'd need to test to confirm.

We had a quick discussion yesterday and the consensus was that
pxe_dns() should handle it and I recommended that it attempt to
convert it first before querying DNS.  In previous versions, it'd
query DNS, fail, then attempt the conversion.

--
-Gene