[syslinux] Dynamic debugging how to WAS: Syslinux-6.02-pre2 - booting 32-bit kernels from efi64

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 12:50:08 PDT 2013

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 9:49 AM, Matt Fleming <matt at console-pimps.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Jul, at 10:44:27PM, Geert Stappers wrote:

>> > You could try running,
>> >
>> > debug.c32 -e efi_boot_linux handover_boot
>> >
>> > before executing your kernel.
>>

>> Euh how? Where?
>>
>> In a syslinux config file?
>> At the `boot:` prompt?
>>
>> Please provide an example.
>
> It needs a lot of work but an example is here,
>
> http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/Development/Debugging#Syslinux_Dynamic_Debugger

Is the dynamic debugger information better there or
http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/Debugging a newer page I made
to help end-users, especially those who don't have experience
compiling Syslinux and/or don't have a reliable build machine for
Syslinux?

Is there a way to modify a binary (especially pxelinux.0) such that
certain key debug messages are active?  I've got my UNDI debug (just
drops up to 3 lines via dprintf() per packet sent or received) and was
wondering how to make a build that could coexist (without a rebuild)

--
-Gene