[syslinux] pxechn.c32: passing options to iPXE

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 03:26:07 PDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 11:57 PM, Alexandre Blanchette
<blanalex at gmail.com> wrote:
> In PXELinux 4.06 (the vanilla version, not gpxelinux.0), I'm trying to use
> pxechn.c32 to call iPXE (undionly) with option 67 set to call an  iPXE
> script.
>
> The relevant portion of my PXELinux config looks like this:
>
> LABEL MDT
>   MENU LABEL  ^B - MDT 2012 SP1
>   com32 pxechn.c32
>   APPEND undionly.kpxe -o 67.s=ipxe/mdt.ipxe
>
> However iPXE doesn't seem to get the option correctly, it goes into
> auto-boot mode instead of loading the script.

Odd.  What's the underlying PXE/UNDI stack?  Could you have gPXE/iPXE
already loaded?

> I've tried with pxelinux.0 and pxechn.c32 from 6.01 with the same result.
>
> Also, while we're on the subject of pxechn.c32, in the documentation, the
> purpose and the usage of the -f option is unclear: what is a 'modifier'?
> There is no example of its usage.

Correct.  The only two modifier values that exist are one that's equal
to "-W" and an unimplemented option that would essentially do the
reverse.  I guess it should be clearer than just being commented out
in the AsciiDoc (ie not implemented, experimental)

--
-Gene