[syslinux] FW: pxelinux 5.x, 6.x memtest problem

Igor Sverkos igor.sverkos at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 18 11:48:07 PDT 2013

Hi,

Ady wrote:
> May I suggest, for these tests, not to re-build each pre-release?
> Instead, if at all possible, just use the official binaries already
> included in the downloaded file.

*argh* - YES! My bad. I extracted again and just called "make
installer && make install" and copied the files to the tftp host. Is
that correct?

> Regarding your /srv/tftp/pxelinux.cfg/default content, have you
> pasted all of it in your previous email?

Yup - good catch! I was using "DEFAULT menu"... I changed it to

# cat /srv/tftp/pxelinux.cfg/default
TIMEOUT 100
TOTALTIMEOUT 6000
ONTIMEOUT local

UI menu.c32
PROMPT 0

MENU TITLE PXE Menu

LABEL local
	MENU LABEL (local)
	MENU DEFAULT
	LOCALBOOT 0

LABEL Memtest86+ 4.20
	MENU LABEL Memtest86+ 4.20
	KERNEL memtest/420/memtest

LABEL Sysresccd x86-64 3.7.0
	MENU LABEL Sysresccd x86-64 3.7.0
	KERNEL sysresccd/370/altker64
	append initrd=sysresccd/370/initram.igz dodhcp=eth0 nonm nodmraid
nomdadm scandelay=3 vga=791
netboot=http://10.82.0.1/images/sysresccd/370/sysrcd.dat

But with the corrected config and the binaries from the pre-release
nothing changed.

Still no menu... nothing.

Igor