[syslinux] Chaining with chain.c32 from syslinux 6.01 error

Adrian Irimia adixtx at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 18 13:22:04 PDT 2013

Hi,

  I have a bootable usb with syslinux 5.10 on wich the following code is working ok.
    LABEL -
   MENU LABEL GRUB LEGACY
   MENU INDENT 1
     COM32 chain.c32
     APPEND boot fs grub=/boot/grub-legacy/stage2 grubcfg=/boot/grub-legacy/grub-legacy.cfg nohand nosect

 After upgrading to syslinux 6.01 (using bios) I receive the following errors when selecting that menu option :

  ERR: Primary partition (in MBR) with invalid offset and/or length.
  ERR: Cant't find myself on the drive I booted from.

 I mention that the errors are on a physsical machine (not a virtual one - in a virtual qemu I receive only the 2nd error message).

Thankyou for any help.