[syslinux] Illegal OpCode on PXE exit with syslinux-6.0{1,2}

Igor Sverkos igor.sverkos at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 19 05:34:04 PDT 2013

Hi,

while testing syslinux-6.01_pre6 and syslinux-6.02_pre5 I noticed an
illegal OpCode error on PXE exit.

To reproduce:
1) Install syslinux-6.0x PXE environment

2) Use a config like I use (seems like this is getting triggered when
the local boot menu entry will be executed) ->
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=6tjqUAwX

3) Just let a client boot from network. It will hit timeout and the
default menu entry will be executed

=> Illegal OpCode on exit.

I prepared two short videos:

1) Showing the error with syslinux-6.02_pre5:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q1wlg7dlfmd40oq/syslinux-6.02_pre5-localboot_illegal_opcode.mp4

2) Showing the behavior from syslinux-5.10 (no illegal opcode):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/apu31r8qdx41twq/syslinux-5.10-localboot_working.mp4

Igor