[syslinux] pxechn.c32 does not do TFTP

Victor Sudakov vas at mpeks.tomsk.su
Fri Jul 19 19:48:38 PDT 2013

Matt Fleming wrote:

> > > It's actually a bug in the core.
> >
> > This bug has an unpleasant consequence.
> >
> > The Oracle VirtualBox 4.2.16 PXE impementation does not request Option 6
> > from the DHCP server, so it does not receive Option 6 in the DHCP
> > offer, so no DNS servers are available to pxelinux, therefore it
> > cannot resolve the WDS server's IP address, which breaks everything.
> >
> > Can we get rid of this dependency on DNS?
>
> Can you try 6.02-pre7, available here,
>
>     https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/boot/syslinux/Testing/6.02/
>
> and see whether your issue is fixed?

Negative.

I have changed the stanza into

label WDS
 menu LABEL ^4. Windows Deployment Service
 com32 pxechn.c32
 append 10.14.140.128::boot\x86\wdsnbp.com  -W

and got the following result on VirtualBox:

pxechn.c32: Attempting to load '10.14.140.128::boot\x86\wdsnbp.com': 10.14.140.128 is not in my arp table!

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
sip:sudakov at sibptus.tomsk.ru