[syslinux] Illegal OpCode on PXE exit with syslinux-6.0{1,2}

Matt Fleming matt at console-pimps.org
Mon Jul 22 08:05:04 PDT 2013

On Mon, 22 Jul, at 04:21:38PM, Igor Sverkos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Have you ever successfully used this config file with 4.06 or earlier?
>
> Mh, no.
>
> And I'll get the illegal opcode on 4.06 exit for local boot as well.
>
> Not sure if it has something to do with the fact, that there is no
> local bootloader, syslinux can start (it is a new system where's
> currently no OS installed).

If you were booting a kernel instead of local booting I'd suggest using
the "keeppxe" command line option, to leave the PXE stack resident in
memory. But that doesn't work for LOCALBOOT.

The last time this came up, Peter suggested using chain.c32 as a
workaround to chainload the next boot stage,

    http://www.syslinux.org/archives/2008-June/010397.html

--
Matt Fleming, Intel Open Source Technology Center