[syslinux] memdisk and iso

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Wed Jun 5 15:01:29 PDT 2013

On 06/05/2013 02:46 PM, upen wrote:

> Thank you hpa and Gene. Currently I have:
> filename "linux-install/lpxelinux.0" in DHCP server.
>
> I changed settings under pxelinux.cfg/default to
>
> LABEL dell
> MENU LABEL dell
> LINUX memdisk
> INITRD http://192.168.0.100/dell.iso
> APPEND iso
>
> I get error on theTFTP client machine after it receives the IP: Unable to
> locate configuration file. Boot failed, press any key to retry.
>
> Does pxelinux.cfg directory actually needs to be lpxelinux.cfg?
>
> For now, even if I can load only ISO via http, I will consider that a
> success for me.

If you leave everything in the same location as you had working with
pxelinux.0, i.e. on the TFTP server, and only move the dell.iso file to
the http side, then replace pxelinux.0 with lpxelinux.0 and use an URL
like above, that *should* work.

If it doesn't, well... we should figure out why and fix it.