[syslinux] memdisk and iso

upen upendra.gandhi at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 04:18:16 PDT 2013

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 2:57 AM, Geert Stappers <stappers at stappers.nl> wrote:

> Op 2013-06-07 om 09:35 schreef Geert Stappers:
> > Op 2013-06-06 om 14:42 schreef H. Peter Anvin:
> > >
> > > Sounds like it's losing lots of packets.
> > >

> > The tcpdump[1] shows strang HTTP traffic at the end.
> > It is TCP to port 80, but that is all. There is no HTTP  GET request.
> >
> > Another surprising thing was that there are many TFTP file transfers.
> > I have expect HTTP transfers.
> >
> > The answers might be in the DHCP OFFER which says "server name
> 'dhcp209'",
> > but no DHCP option 209.
> >
> > I would like to see the dhcp server configuration file.

ddns-update-style none;
log-facility local7;
deny unknown-clients;
non-authoritative;
option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;
default-lease-time 600;
max-lease-time 7200;
option ip-forwarding    false;  # No IP forwarding
option mask-supplier    false;  # Don't respond to ICMP Mask req
server-name "dhcp209";
next-server 192.168.0.100;

subnet 192.168.0.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
  range 192.168.0.1 192.168.0.88;
  option routers 192.168.0.100;
}

host rhelclient {
  next-server 192.168.0.100;
  filename "linux-install/lpxelinux.0";
  server-name "dhcp209";
  hardware ethernet 08:00:27:E7:34:E9;
  fixed-address 192.168.0.88;
}

The dhcp server has two network interfaces. Eth0 -public, Eth1-Private.
Eth1 is 192.168.0.100 and dhcpd is tied only to Eth1.
I just realized the /etc/hosts has dhcp209 pointed to Eth0's IP address.
Hope now this is not a major issue. Everything has been always like this on
tftp/dhcp server.

Thanks.

> > And I do like to read in the discussion order ( reply below the text )
> >

> Oops, [1] is http://rosa.stappers.nl/ff/tcp_w.pcap
>
> Groeten
> Geert Stappers
> --
> Leven en laten leven

upen,
emerge -uD life (Upgrade Life with dependencies)