[syslinux] memdisk and iso

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 10:13:45 PDT 2013

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 5:01 PM, H. Peter Anvin <hpa at zytor.com> wrote:
> Very odd!
>
> This shows a TFTP connection being correctly established and then
> disconnected, with all the negotiation involved.  I'm wondering if it is
> iPXE that is playing games with us here...

Packets 301-306, 309-312 show two successful attempts to read
linux-install/pxelinux.cfg/C0A80058 with the same UDP source port
(49153).

Packets 307,308,313-316 show two unsuccessful attempts to read
linux-install/pxelinux.cfg/vesamenu.c32 reusing the same UDP source
port (49153) with an ICMP reply stating the port is closed.

Packets 317-357 show a successful single attempt to read
linux-install/pxelinux.cfg/vesamenu.c32 reusing the same UDP source
port (49153).

Packets 358,360-412,415-625 show a success on libcom32.c32 while
359,413,414 show an unsuccessful attempt.

Something is certainly tripping up as I don't see these duplicate
attempts in my testing and in my mind iPXE is in the lead.

--
-Gene