[syslinux] [5.10] PXE + dhcp opts 209, 210 and path issues in tftp/http

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 8 16:46:45 PDT 2013

> To minimize impact and convey the extent of the change, perhaps change to
> ';' immediately and make another release, probably 5.20 and this week.
>
> --Gene

I would hope that using ";" as path separator in the PATH directive
would not be a problem for ISO9660 fs and ISOLINUX, where the ";" is
used in the standard specification to indicate the 'Version Number'
of files (";1"). In practice, this Version Number is not always used,
yet it is still part of the standard.

Additionally, ";" is still a valid character for directory names in
several fs.

My apologies if this is not at all a concern and thus not relevant.
I'd rather just mention it now in case it happens to be relevant,
than to see a new potential conflict with a new possible
path-separator.

Best Regards,
Ady.