[syslinux] Some documentation suggestions as of v.5.10

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 8 17:47:12 PDT 2013

> On Jun 8, 2013 7:32 PM, "Ady" <ady-sf at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > Here are some humble suggestions for 'doc/menu.txt' and
> > 'doc/syslinux.txt'. They might be relevant for other documentation
> > sources too.
>
> I'm pretty sure Matt Fleming has been considering moving to my AsciiDoc
> rewrite which may render these moot.
> --Gene

It is still not "moot", considering that:
_ the ./doc/*.txt files are still included and are still read by
users.
_ Matt is still adding information to ./doc/*.txt as of 5.xx, and
part of my comments are in reference to those recent additions.
_ disregarding the specific line numbers and specific file names, the
content of the suggested corrections / improvements is still relevant
to other sources of information such as the man pages and the
AsciiDoc files. The exact location in each set of files might differ,
but the main concept in most of those suggestions is still relevant
for all those sources of information.

Regards,
Ady.