[syslinux] [5.10] PXE + dhcp opts 209, 210 and path issues in tftp/http

Schlomo Schapiro schlomo at schapiro.org
Sat Jun 8 23:52:34 PDT 2013

​Hi,​

On 7 June 2013 23:53, Matt Fleming <matt at console-pimps.org> wrote:

> I'm not quite sure what the proper solution is. Clearly using ':' to
> separate entries was a terrible idea, but presumably some people are
> using that syntax now and it would cause issues if we changed it - the
> PATH directive has been supported since 5.00.

​I would prefer an incompatible change now than lots of pain later. Both my
own tests and the list traffic suggest that 5.xx is not yet as stable as
4.xx and therefore probably not yet used very much in production. Just make
sure that the release announcement mentions it.

Maybe | (pipe symbol) would make a good separator?

Regards,
Schlomo​