[syslinux] [5.10] PXE + dhcp opts 209, 210 and path issues in tftp/http

Matt Fleming matt at console-pimps.org
Mon Jun 10 06:35:39 PDT 2013

On Sat, 08 Jun, at 11:57:34AM, Gene Cumm wrote:
> To minimize impact and convey the extent of the change, perhaps change to
> ';' immediately and make another release, probably 5.20 and this week.

This chunk of ftp_readdir() caught my eye,

		} else if ((p = strchr(buf, ';'))) {
		    /* VMS/Multinet format */
		    if (p > buf+4 && !memcmp(p-4, ".DIR", 4)) {
			type = 'd';
			p -= 4;
		    } else {
			type = 'f';
		    }
		    name = buf;

Now, I admit to knowing absolutely nothing about VMS pathnames, so is it
possible that someone may want to specify an ftp path that includes a
semi-colon in their PATH directive?

--
Matt Fleming, Intel Open Source Technology Center